GlobalScholarships.com is happy to offer a $1,000 Scholarship for International Students to one (1) international student. Global Scholarships’ mission is to make scholarships accessible and transparent, and we would like to take one step closer to our mission by offering an external scholarship for a prospective international student. There are currently very few external scholarships that are specifically for international students, and we want to make scholarships more accessible for international students by offering this scholarship.
This is our debut year for this scholarship, so there are no previous winners, but we hope to increase the amount and/or the number of scholarships awarded in the next several years.
GlobalScholarships.com $1,000 scholarship is for the Fall 2024 studies and is offered to any eligible prospective or current international student studying in Fall 2024. By international students, we mean students studying in a country where they are not a citizen or permanent resident. This scholarship is offered to all postsecondary degree programs, which are diploma, Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D, as well as professional programs like law and medicine.
The application will close on May 31st, 2024, 3-5 finalists will be notified on June 15 – 30th, and the winner will be announced the winner will be announced on July 15th – 25th. Scholarships will be paid directly to the winner’s institution in the winner’s name.
You must meet ALL of the following to be eligible:
- You must be an international student, that is, you cannot be a citizen or a permanent resident of a country that you will be studying in Fall 2024.
- You must be a current or a prospective student who will be enrolled in a postsecondary degree program (Diploma, Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D., as well as professional programs like law and medicine) in Fall 2024.
What we look for in a candidate
We are looking to give this scholarship to a student who has best maximized their potential given their circumstances and will continue to maximize their potential in the future. By “maximizing their potential given their circumstances,” a student who comes from an affluent family and has maximized their potential in one way or another is just as qualified for this scholarship as a student from an impoverished family who also has done the same. We take more of a holistic approach in giving this scholarship, with a combination of merit, writing skills, and the essay describing what we look for in a candidate. We take financial needs into consideration only in the light of “maximizing their potential given their circumstances.”
- A short Google form
- 500 – 700 word essay on “Describe your educational journey emphasizing how you have maximized your potential given your circumstances. In addition, please tell us how you plan to continue to do so after your degree.” – Submitted in PDF file in the Google Form
We will notify the 3-5 finalists on June 15th – 30th. The finalists will be asked to provide
- A copy of their passport with their passport number covered
- An acceptance letter from a prospective student or proof of attendance from current students
- A written agreement to fulfill social media responsibilities if selected as a winner
Finalists have 10 days to submit those materials from the date that we’ve notified. After we have received those materials, we may ask the finalists to go on a short Zoom interview call. The winner will be announced on July 15th – 25th.
If Selected as Winner:
The winner must agree to be featured on our “Past Winners” Page, with their picture, their name, their institution, and a short bio. Also, they must agree for us to feature them on our social media channels.
FAQs about this Scholarship
1. Are online degree programs eligible?
Yes, as long as the online degree programs are from a legitimate institution of higher education.
2. I am a student from this particular country. Am I eligible?
Yes, students from all citizenships are eligible as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
3. I would like to receive payments directly. Is this possible?
No, we send payments directly to the institution that you will be attending in Fall 2024 in the recipient’s name. We do not make payments directly to the winner.
4. I have already started studying for my degree. Am I still eligible?
Yes, current students are eligible as long as you will be a current student in Fall 2024.
5. I will be studying in a non-English medium. Am I still eligible?
Yes, students studying in languages other than English are still eligible.
November 7, 2023
Since the launch of this scholarship, we have received many scholarship applications from qualified students, whether they are prospective or current students. I am grateful for our team, people who have spread the word through social media, and institutions that have included us as a scholarship resource so that their current international students can benefit. In the scholarship terms, we have specified one scholarship recipient because we didn’t want to commit more and have a lack of strong applications, but it looks like our concerns are solved; we have a good number of strong applications. Therefore, we will try to give out more scholarships to qualified students as our finances allow. It is a great feeling to give back to the international student community. – Hyun Lee