Old Dominion University is a public university in United States. It was founded in 1930 and has provided excellent education to students throughout the years.
Nestled in the city of Norfolk, students at Old Dominion University are able to meet friendly locals, study in a safe city, and immerse in an interesting culture.
Universities in the United States are also attractive to international students due to their quality education. And as the country is known for its leading technology, research, and innovation, a degree from a US university will surely look attractive on your CV. It's no wonder the country has many international students.
With 24,300 students enrolled, the Old Dominion University is a very large university offering a culturally diverse social atmosphere and allowing you to connect with people from all walks of life.
Having an average world ranking of 877, Old Dominion University is an excellent university in United States. For bachelor’s, you will find various programs such as Actuarial Mathematics, Cyber Operations, and Fine Arts. For Master’s, programs such as Aerospace Engineering, Computational and Applied Mathematics, and International Studies are available.
Scholarships, grants, and other forms of funding are offered by Old Dominion University to international students. With the help of these, you can surely fulfill your dream of studying abroad without incurring high costs. In this article, you’ll find out which scholarships you can apply to at Old Dominion University. We've also compiled some information, such as admission and important deadlines to help you on your application. So, let’s get started!
Old Dominion University Admissions
To apply to Old Dominion University, make sure to complete the admission requirements and follow the application procedure. You can find more information on the following links:
- Domestic Bachelor's Admissions Page
- International Bachelor's Admissions Page
- Domestic Master's Admissions Page
- International Master's Admissions Page
Old Dominion University Application Deadlines
It is essential that you meet the application deadlines at Old Dominion University. Here are the deadlines:
- Bachelor's Deadline (Fall ): April 15, 2022
- Bachelor's Deadline (Spring ): October 1, 2022
- Bachelor's Deadline (Summer ): February 1, 2023
- Master's Deadline (Fall ): April 15, 2022 (Different Master's programs have different deadlines)
- Master's Deadline (Spring ): October 1, 2022 (Different Master's programs have different deadlines)
- Master's Deadline (Summer ): February 1, 2023 (Different Master's programs have different deadlines)
Tuition Fees at Old Dominion University for International Students
In this section, we will be discussing the tuition fees for international students at Old Dominion University. The bachelor's tuition fees for international students at Old Dominion University is 31,100 USD per year. Master's tuition fee for international students at Old Dominion University is 25,000 USD per year.
When studying abroad, it is best to save as much money as you can. After all, there are other costs to consider besides tuition fees, such as accommodation, meals, transportation, and books.
The scholarships at Old Dominion University can help fund your study expenses. There are currently 2 scholarships being offered to international students at the Old Dominion University, all with varying requirements, benefits, and application processes. We have compiled them in this list to help you find the scholarship that best fits you.
Old Dominion University Scholarships for International Students
1. ISS Merit Scholarship
- Scholarship Page
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
- Degrees Offered : Bachelor's
ISS Merit Scholarship is a partially funded scholarship offered to international students.
To be considered for this undergraduate scholarship at Old Dominion University, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- In possession of a valid non-immigrant visa status
- Newly admitted international students pursuing initial Bachelor's degree, with cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
You can check the full list of requirements listed in the scholarship link above. You will also find the specific steps to submit your application for there.
It’s important to submit your application before the deadline indicated on the scholarship page, as this will provide the selection committee time to consider your application. Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- up to $16,000 USD awards annually, renewable for up to 4 years
1. Graduate Assistantships
- Scholarship Page
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Degrees Offered : Master's and PhD
Old Dominion University also provides financial support to international students in Master's and PhD programs through Graduate Assistantships. Interested applicants for this fully funded scholarship must meet the following certain eligibility requirements to be considered:
- Admitted to their respective graduate degree programs in regular or provisional status on the basis of complete and, fully evaluated credentials
- In good academic standing with GPA of atleast 3.0
- In a position to complete an I-9 Form according to University procedures, before initiating their duties
Through Graduate Assistantships, Master's and PhD students at the Old Dominion University enjoy the following benefits:
- Minimum stipends of $3,200 for the fall and spring semesters and a minimum of $2,500 the summer semester
- Partial-to-full tuition exemption issued by the Office of Finance and/or the Old Dominion University Research Foundation
Graduate Assistantships is a great scholarship to apply to if you are on a tight budget.
All practical information related to preparing and submitting your application is available at the scholarship link above. Make sure to prepare and send your documents in time for the application deadline.
With these Old Dominion University scholarships for international students, you can finally study abroad financially worry-free. If you’re interested, make sure to also check out the Open Courses for International Students.