Sejong University is a private university in South Korea. It was founded in 1940 and has provided excellent education to students throughout the years.
Nestled in the city of Seoul, students at Sejong University are able to meet friendly locals, study in a safe city, and immerse in an interesting culture.
The country’s unique blend of tradition and modernity gives international students a remarkable study experience. Universities here are also known for upholding high standards of education, so their graduates are sought after in the global job market.
With 16,300 students enrolled, the Sejong University is a very large university offering a culturally diverse social atmosphere and allowing you to connect with people from all walks of life.
Having an average world ranking of 453, Sejong University is an excellent university in South Korea. For bachelor’s, you will find various programs such as Cartoon Animation, Film Art, and Food Science and BioTechnology. For Master’s, programs such as Animation, Astronomy and Space Science, and Business Administration are available.
Scholarships, grants, and other forms of funding are offered by Sejong University to international students. With the help of these, you can surely fulfill your dream of studying abroad without incurring high costs. In this article, you’ll find out which scholarships you can apply to at Sejong University. We've also compiled some information, such as admission and important deadlines to help you on your application. So, let’s get started!
Sejong University Admissions
To apply to Sejong University, make sure to complete the admission requirements and follow the application procedure. You can find more information on the following links:
Sejong University Application Deadlines
It is essential that you meet the application deadlines at Sejong University. Here are the deadlines:
- Bachelor's Application Period (Spring - 1st round): September 13, 2022 to October 5, 2022
- Bachelor's Application Period (Spring - 2nd round): October 31, 2022 to November 23, 2022
- Master's Application Period (Spring - 1st round): September 13, 2022 to October 5, 2022 (Different Master's programs have different deadlines)
- Master's Application Period (Spring - 2nd round): October 31, 2022 to November 23, 2022 (Different Master's programs have different deadlines)
Tuition Fees at Sejong University for International Students
In this section, we will be discussing the tuition fees for international students at Sejong University. The bachelor's tuition fees for international students at Sejong University is 6,400 USD to 8,900 USD per year. Master's tuition fee for international students at Sejong University is 8,500 USD to 11,200 USD per year.
When studying abroad, it is best to save as much money as you can. After all, there are other costs to consider besides tuition fees, such as accommodation, meals, transportation, and books.
The scholarships at Sejong University can help fund your study expenses. There are currently 2 scholarships being offered to international students at the Sejong University, all with varying requirements, benefits, and application processes. We have compiled them in this list to help you find the scholarship that best fits you.
Sejong University Scholarships for International Students
1. First Semester Scholarship
- Scholarship Page
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
- Degrees Offered : Bachelor's
First Semester Scholarship is a partially funded scholarship offered to international students.
To be considered for this undergraduate scholarship at Sejong University, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- a student who attained at least the minimum required language score
You can check the full list of requirements listed in the scholarship link above. You will also find the specific steps to submit your application for there.
It’s important to submit your application before the deadline indicated on the scholarship page, as this will provide the selection committee time to consider your application. Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- up to 80% tuition reduction for students with minimum score of TOEFL IBT 80, IELTS 5.5, or New-TEPS 326
- 30% tuition reduction for students coming from a country with English as the native language
1. Scholarship for International Students
- Scholarship Page
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
- Degrees Offered : Master's and PhD
Sejong University also provides financial support to international students in Master's and PhD programs through Scholarship for International Students. Interested applicants for this partially funded scholarship must meet the following certain eligibility requirements to be considered:
- a student who has attained the language proficiency requirements mentioned above
- a student who has contacted a leading researcher in the university and has received a recommendation as a research assistant for a project
Through Scholarship for International Students, Master's and PhD students at the Sejong University enjoy the following benefits:
- 85% up to 100% tuition fees with admission fees for students who are able to receive a recommendation from a leading research advisor in the university
- 30% of tuition fees for at least TOPIK level 5, IELTS 5.5, TOEFL iBT 71, New TEPS 327, or PTE-A 53
- 20% of tuition fees for TOPIK level 4 holders
You will still need to shoulder some costs, but getting a Scholarship for International Students grant will help you fund your studies significantly.
All practical information related to preparing and submitting your application is available at the scholarship link above. Make sure to prepare and send your documents in time for the application deadline.
With these Sejong University scholarships for international students, you can finally study abroad financially worry-free. If you’re interested, make sure to also check out the Open Courses for International Students.