Founded in 1907, University of Saskatchewan is a public institution in Saskatoon, Canada. University of Saskatchewan is ranked by the QS Ranking as the top 458 institution in the world. Here, we will be looking at International Student Awards, one of the partially funded University of Saskatchewan scholarships for Bachelor's international students.
- Level of Study: Bachelor's
- Host Institution: University of Saskatchewan
- Scholarship Amount: 20,000 CAD
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
- Eligible Nationalities: All Nationalities
- Eligible Subjects: All Subjects offered at University of Saskatchewan
- Number of Recipients: Not Specified
- Additional Scholarships Materials Required? Yes
- Admission Deadline: September 1, 2023
- Scholarship Deadline: February 15, 2023 (Past Deadline)
International Student Awards Coverage
International Student Awards covers the following:
- $20,000 for International Baccalaureate (IB) Excellence awardees
- $15,000 for Canadian Curriculum Schools, Council of International School or Maple Leaf International awardees
- $10,000 for University of Saskatchewan International Excellence awardees
- $1,500 for USask Bridging Scholarship awardees
International Student Awards Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for International Student Awards, you will need to meet BOTH the eligibility criteria for International Student Awards AND the eligibility criteria for University of Saskatchewan admissions.
1. University of Saskatchewan Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for International Student Awards, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria for University of Saskatchewan admissions first and also apply. Please see the University of Saskatchewan Admissions Section for admissions eligibility criteria information.
2. International Student Awards Specific Eligibility Criteria
In addition to meeting the admission requirements, you need to meet the following specific International Student Awards eligibility criteria. Applicants must be:
- Completing the IB Diploma Programme to be qualified for International Baccalaureate (IB) Excellence Awards
- Graduating from an international Canadian curriculum to be qualified for Canadian Curriculum Schools Awards
- A graduate of a Council of International School to be qualified for Council of International School Awards
- A graduate of a Maple Leaf Educational Systems (MLES) international (non-domestic) curriculum school to be qualified for the Maple Leaf International School Awards
- Applying for joint admission and a holder of Level: University Bridging to be qualified for USask Bridging Scholarship Awards
Please see Eligibility Page for specific details on eligibility criteria for International Student Awards.
International Student Awards Application Procedure
1. University of Saskatchewan Admissions Application Procedure
The first step in applying for International Student Awards is to submit your admissions application for University of Saskatchewan. Please visit the official website found in University of Saskatchewan Admissions Section to see the admissions application process.
2. International Student Awards Specific Application Procedure
There is a separate application that you need to submit for International Student Awards in addition to University of Saskatchewan admissions application. Please make sure to follow the instructions in the official International Student Awards Page.
To apply for International Student Awards, please follow these steps:
- Complete the Canadian Curriculum Schools Awards application via PAWS, for those applying to said scholarship.
- For those interested in the Maple Leaf International School Awards, complete the Maple Leaf International School Award application in PAWS.
For more information, please see the International Student Awards Scholarship Application Procedure Page .
When to Apply for International Student Awards
To see the University of Saskatchewan admission deadline for Bachelor's, please visit the University of Saskatchewan Admissions Section. You will also need to apply separately for scholarships. Here are the scholarship application deadlines:
- Bachelor's Scholarship Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
Please see the International Student Awards Deadline Page for more information.
International Student Awards Page
Find further information about this partially funded scholarship at University of Saskatchewan at International Student Awards Page.
Aside from International Student Awards, University of Saskatchewan offers other scholarships and awards to international students at different levels. If you are interested, you can find more scholarships at University of Saskatchewan at the University of Saskatchewan Scholarships Page.